The Mark Twain Riverboat at Disneyland Park has been closed for refurbishment since September 2023. While on a recent trip to the park, we decided to stop by and check out its progress.
Mark Twain Riverboat Refurbishment
The riverboat has been docked at Pelican’s Landing for the refurbishment since September 18, 2023, making this refurbishment about a month in length so far.
Earlier this month, the Mark Twain was entirely covered in beige scrim. As of yesterday, October 12, 2023, most of the scrim has been pulled down, revealing the scaffolding beneath.
Various wooden walking paths surround the riverboat, allowing crews to navigate around the boat safely.
During our visit, we saw one crew member working on the upper portion of the stern, above the paddlewheel.
Scaffolding extends up above the topmost part of the ship.
Down below, some scrim is still up around the Pelican’s Landing seating area, to keep guests from being at eye-level with construction.
This refurbishment is scheduled to last at least through November 24, 2023, which is as far as the Disneyland Resort calendar goes at the time of press. It is possible that the refurbishment could last past that date.
What do you think of the progress on the Mark Twain Riverboat refurbishment? Will you be excited to ride this attraction once again when it eventually reopens? Let us know in the comments.
Check out our latest updates from Disneyland Resort:
- New Holiday Homestead Apparel Collection Featuring Mickey & Friends Available at Disneyland Resort
- PHOTOS: Jason Chandler S.E.A. Reference Returns to Red Stagecoach in Frontierland at Disneyland Park
- Final 2023 Magic Happens Parade Performance Date Confirmed, Parade Will Return Later
- New Kermit the Frog T-Shirt at Disneyland Resort
- VIDEO: Imagineers Test BD-1 Style ROAMING DROIDS in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland