We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, October 18, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The light-up circuit-inspired walls of the TRON Lightcycle Run queue at Magic Kingdom have been made solid black.
- A guest attended Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom as one of the terrifying Wheelers from Disney’s 1985 “Return to Oz.”
- King Triton has gone missing from the Magic Kingdom. A statue of Ariel’s father can usually be found across from Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid, next to the Disney Vacation Club station. This summer, we’ve been cataloging the dirty state of the statue — until it was unexpectedly removed this week.
- A new passion fruit mochi treat is available at Energy Bytes, the TRON Lightcycle Run snack stand in Magic Kingdom.
- The menu folder for Jungle Navigation Co. LTD. Skipper Canteen in Magic Kingdom has been updated to reflect the new story of the Jungle Cruise ride.
- TikTok user @jenninfl (Jenn In Florida) shared a video of a Magic Kingdom guest running alongside stopped Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin vehicles — and then being escorted away by a Cast Member.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Disney’s new “Once Upon a Studio” short film references the defunct Magic of Disney Animation attraction at what was previously known as Disney-MGM Studios.
- Earlier this week, Imagineers tested BD-1 Style free roaming droids in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland. Following this test, Bob Iger (Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company) and Josh D’Amaro (Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products) met with Bruce Vaughn (Chief Creative Officer of Walt Disney Imagineering) and representatives of the Imagineering team responsible for bringing the new robots to Galaxy’s Edge.
- alt Disney World has released their full guide to food and beverage items that will be available at Disney Jollywood Nights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The after-hours event is happening on 10 select nights between November 11 and December 20.
- We recently spotted a couple of new Disney castle drinkware options as we took a trip to the Most Magical Place on Earth, Walt Disney World Resort.
- New holiday pins have arrived at Magic Kingdom as Walt Disney World prepares for Halloween season to wind down and Christmas to wind up. The first limited edition pin is available to all guests, while the set of two pins is exclusive to Walt Disney World Annual Passholders.
- A few weeks ahead of the 2023 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend, Disney is sharing a first look at some of the merchandise that will be available at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo.
- Display your Pixar pins or other trading pins on this new Pixar ball pin bag and matching belt, now available at Walt Disney World.
- New Disney100 chinaware items by The English Ladies Co. are available at Crystal Arts in Magic Kingdom. The small collection includes a Mickey and Minnie figure, a cup and saucer set, and a plate.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The Central Florida Tourism Oversight District (CFTOD) filed a motion to dismiss with the Orange County court today, October 18, 2023, against Disney’s countersuit.
- It looks like Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park will be open for the winter holidays, while Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park will close for the season.
- It may only be October 18, but Disneyland Resort is apparently ready to move on from Halloween and embrace the winter holidays. Snow caps have been added to some of the turrets of Sleeping Beauty Castle. Two days before the 100th anniversary of The Walt Disney Company, Disneyland Resort had removed most of their Disney100 decorations from the castle to get ready for the winter decorations.
- Indiana Jones Adventure, which reopened in March of this year following a three-month refurbishment, is set to close for refurbishment again in November.
- Turn your mornings from “sick” to glorious” with this new coffee blend celebrating “Hocus Pocus” from Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company, available now by the bag at Disneyland Resort.
- During our recent trip to Disneyland Resort, we saw that the Disney100 animated short, “Once Upon a Studio” is playing for guests inside the Opera House on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Get a (hyperspace) jump on your holiday spirit with two new “Star Wars”-inspired ear headbands now available at Disneyland Resort.
- The new Ursula tiki mug is now available to all guests via mobile order from Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel.
- The overhaul of Studio 1 in Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris has begun. We visited the park earlier this month and saw that construction walls had gone up outside of the exit.
Disney Cruise Line
- MagicBand+ will be available for Disney Dream sailings that begin on November 20, 2023, or later.
- Here’s a breakdown of every step for embarkation day on your Disney Cruise Line vacation.
Entertainment and Media
- Disney has released the complete song “This Wish” performed by Ariana DeBose from their upcoming film “Wish.”
WDW News Today
TRON Already Broken, MGM Studios Attraction Celebrated for Disney 100
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!