We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, November 17, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Since our last report on Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party dates, most events have sold out, leaving only seven parties with tickets still available.
- The Dapper Dans barbershop quartet at Magic Kingdom are now in their red holiday outfits for performances on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Walt Disney World announced that the 2024 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts will be from January 12 through February 19 and shared some details about the event, including the Disney on Broadway Concert Series lineup and a sneak peek of merchandise.
- Walt Disney World also previewed the 16 food studios that will be available during the 2024 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts.
- The new Pandora jewelry location opened inside the Port of Entry store at EPCOT.
- Additional holiday decorations have been installed throughout the Living with the Land attraction at EPCOT as the start date of its Living with the Land – Glimmering Greenhouses holiday overlay nears.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The newest lightsaber hilt available at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities in Disney’s Hollywood Studios is that of High Republic-era Jedi Stellan Gios, marking the first time that merchandise from The High Republic era has been available in the land.
- Disney Lorcana: Rise of the Floodborn products arrived at World of Disney at Disney Springs, two weeks ahead of the set’s general release.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn has debuted a new version of their BoardWalk Deli gingerbread display this holiday season.
- Disney previewed new and returning merchandise sold as part of Life Day celebrations. Several of the items are available at both Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Park, and through various online retailers.
- Walt Disney World has several new Christmas pins available, including a mystery set, ornament pins featuring Disney duos, and a “Star Wars” pin.
Other Walt Disney World News
- A December hearing date in which a judge will listen to arguments as to why Walt Disney Parks and Resorts’ federal lawsuit against Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District (CFTOD) Board should be dismissed has been set.
- A recent report from the Orlando Sentinel has revealed that over half of the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District’s (CFTOD) workers have yet to receive a previously approved $3,000 benefits stipend, which replaces the district’s previous program that provided employees with Walt Disney World Annual Passes among other perks.
- Disney Lorcana: Rise of the Floodborn cards arrived in the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort on November 17, the same that the set launched at specialty stores.
- Disneyland Resort confirmed the 2023 distribution scheduled for their iconic handmade candy canes.
- Several new food items debuted at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Park in celebration of Life Day. We tried and reviewed the Kashyyyk Cake, the Cheesy Blue Orbs, and Cheese Branch.
- A “Wish” pre-show will be added to showings of “World of Color – Season of Light” at Disney California Adventure starting tonight, November 17.
- Schmoozies! has reopened at Disney California Adventure following a three-month closure.
- An inflatable version of Lucky a.k.a. the Pizza Dog from “Hawkeye” has arrived at Avengers Headquarters in Disney California Adventure to celebrate the holidays.
Entertainment and Media
- Disney Lorcana has released a new video showing more of the game’s story, specifically a moment that led to the next chapter, Rise of the Floodborn.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Walt Disney Company has temporarily paused advertisement spending on X in light of a controversy surrounding service owner Elon Musk and a new report that found that the popular social media platform has been placing ads for major companies alongside antisemitic content.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!