We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, November 16, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The Haunted Mansion at Walt Disney World has added a new prop that pays homage to late Disney Legend and Imagineer Rolly Crump. Check out a video and some photos of the new prop.
- The “Mickey’s Christmas Carol” dioramas have returned to the windows of the Emporium on Main Street U.S.A.
- Guests visiting Magic Kingdom for the holidays, whether during the day or during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, can take photos at step-in “Merry Stitchmas” and “Mele Kalikimaka” photo ops in Adventureland.
- Port of Entry, one of the gift shops at the front of World Showcase in EPCOT, is set to become a Pandora jewelry store in the same vein as Uptown Jewelers in Magic Kingdom.
- After being removed in mid-September, the squawking seagull figures are back at The Seas With Nemo & Friends in EPCOT.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure”-inspired holiday finale has returned to For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Walt Disney World Resort has updated the reservation system for Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby, an experience offered exclusively during the Disney Jollywood Nights holiday event currently occurring on select nights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios through December 20.
- Themed Walt Disney World Resort hotel pins have debuted for the 2023 holiday season.
- A new collection of plush figures celebrating 100 years of The Walt Disney Company is now available on Amazon (content produced as part of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program).
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park closed early on Thursday, November 16, 2023, due to adverse weather in the area.
- Rolling planters now surround the BoardWalk To Go kiosk on Disney’s BoardWalk, which is set to be a new Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs location.
- At Wednesday’s meeting, the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District Board of Supervisors unanimously approved a 30 percent increase in building fees for District taxpayers, including Walt Disney World Resort.
- A man jumped to his death from the Pixar Pals parking garage at Disneyland Resort on Wednesday, Orange County Register reports. This is the third death reported at a Disneyland Resort parking structure in the past year.
- The Great Maple restaurant has opened its doors at the recently renovated Pixar Place Hotel at Disneyland Resort. We tried and reviewed the items on its brunch and dinner menus.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- The Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger and Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairperson Josh D’Amaro were among those in attendance at the World of Frozen grand opening ceremony at Hong Kong Disneyland.
Entertainment and Media
- During a media event for the World of Frozen at Hong Kong Disneyland, The Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger confirmed that not only is “Frozen 3” being developed, but so is “Frozen 4.”
- During the Miami TCG Convention this October, WDWNT’s own Tom Corless interviewed seven Disney Lorcana artists about their path to working on the game, their Disney inspiration, and their process.
- Items from the second chapter of Ravensburger’s Disney Lorcana trading card game — titled Disney Lorcana: Rise of the Floodborn — will potentially be available at Walt Disney World Resort on November 17, the same day the new chapter launches at local game stores.
- After previously releasing a couple of teaser trailers, Disney+ has released the first full trailer for “Percy Jackson and The Olympians,” an upcoming series based on the novels by Rick Riordan.
The Walt Disney Company
- Bob Iger, CEO of The Walt Disney Company, will host a virtual town hall with employees and Cast Members on November 28, 2023, to discuss Disney’s “recent achievements and future building opportunities.”
- The Walt Disney Company has announced the broadcast slots and the celebrity guests for its upcoming Disney Parks ABC Network holiday specials.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!