We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, November 8, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Disney has released the full list of meet and greets and locations for this year’s Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
- Two more Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party dates have sold out, bringing the total number of sold-out parties to six.
- Starting on the day the new Walt Disney Animation Studios film “Wish” is released in theaters, EPCOT will celebrate the movie with a new Spaceship Earth light show.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Ahead of the start of Disney Jollywood Nights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios this weekend, Christmas decorations are going up at the park — including the park’s Christmas tree and the return of Santa Gertie.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Renovations continue on Disney Vacation Club villas at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, as well as on the actual boardwalk.
- The 2023 gingerbread display at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is now officially open, and we visited the resort to check it out and see all the treats available.
- The culinary team at Disney’s Beach Club Resort is putting together the resort’s 2023 gingerbread carousel, which is returning for the 22nd year. This year, it is inspired by “DuckTales” — but specifically the DuckTales World Showcase Adventure at EPCOT.
- A new collection of Dooney & Bourke bags has arrived at Walt Disney World.
- A D3-O9 action figure for the droid character from Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, which wasn’t released until after it was announced that the immersive hotel experience would be closing, is now available at Walt Disney World.
- On a recent trip to Walt Disney World, we found a variety of new merchandise celebrating Disney’s upcoming animated feature, “Wish.”
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney has announced that a new Valentino popcorn bucket and Wish Star sipper are coming to both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World to celebrate the upcoming release of the animated musical film, “Wish.”
- It seems there are some refurbishment projects underway at the Jungle Cruise in Disneyland. After Cast Members told us about the changes, we took a ride on the attraction this Tuesday to check on the construction.
- Disney Vacation Club owners of The Villas at Disneyland Hotel will have the opportunity to attend two “Meet and Treat” holiday events in late November and December.
- On a recent visit to the Disneyland Resort, we spotted a new ’90s-inspired Disneyland apparel collection.
Entertainment and Media
- Photos of the Disney Lorcana: Rise of the Floodborn starter decks have surfaced online ahead of the game’s release a few weeks from now.
- After 118 days on strike, The Screen Actors Guild American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA) has announced that it and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP) have reached a tentative deal on a new three-year contract.
- The new Sphere in Las Vegas is a giant spherical building that lights up with several unique advertisements and designs. TikTok user Bryce Betts shared a video of a new ad currently playing on the Sphere for “The Marvels.”
- The Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger announced on CNBC with the release of the company’s Q4 financial results that they would launch a combined app for Disney+ and Hulu in beta this December.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Walt Disney Company released its earnings reports for Q3 2023 and fiscal year 2023, sharing that it’s on track to meet $7.5 billion in overall cost reductions by the end of fiscal 2024, among other revenue updates.
- During an appearance on CNBC, The Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger commented on Nelson Peltz’s second push for a seat on the company’s board.
- In Q4 2023, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products increased revenue by 13% from last year, for a total of $8,160 million.
- Today’s earnings report for Q4 2023 and FY 2023 for The Walt Disney Company shared that Disney+ reached 150 million streaming subscriptions by the end of the quarter, up from 146.7 million the previous quarter.
- In the Q4 2023 earnings report for The Walt Disney Company, CEO Bob Iger said that “turbocharging growth” at Disney theme parks is among their “key building opportunities.”
- The Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger outlined “four key building opportunities” in Wednesday’s earnings call and report for Q4 2023 and FY 2023.
- Interim CFO Kevin Lansberry said during Wednesday’s earnings call for The Walt Disney Company that they expect investments in Disney Parks, Experiences and Products to “ramp up” in the latter half of the next 10 years.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!