We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, November 9, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- It’s the first night of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party this year and we have a first look at the event map, featuring treat locations, character meet and greet locations, and other important information.
- Main Street, U.S.A. at the Magic Kingdom is ready for the holidays, and the Bakery is once again serving a special Minnie-shaped Christmas Cinnamon Roll for the occasion. Check out our review.
- Give your holiday season a tropical twist with the new Cranberry Citrus Float from Sunshine Tree Terrace at Magic Kingdom.
- A new Hot Cocoa Churro has joined the Red Velvet Wreath Doughnut at Magic Kingdom for the holiday season, and we reviewed it.
- Christmas bells are ringing at the Magic Kingdom, and ’tis the season for themed treats. Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies is serving a Reindeer Chow Sundae.
- The stockings are hung, the trees are trimmed, and seasonal treats are now available across the Magic Kingdom. Over at Cheshire Café, guests can purchase the new Peppermint Éclair.
- We were at the first night of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party to catch Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration, a show that performs on the Cinderella Castle stage during the event at Magic Kingdom.
- As the first 2023 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party neared its end, Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks lit up Cinderella Castle and the sky above.
- Once upon a Christmastime at Christmas! The Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade is back for another holiday season at Magic Kingdom.
- Disney has released full menus for the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays, highlighting all of the food and beverage offerings that guests can sample throughout the upcoming festival.
- Guests attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party have the opportunity to purchase party-exclusive merchandise, which debuted shortly before the first party of 2023 kicked off.
- Forget backstage passes, a new pair of graphic socks inspired by Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster has arrived at Walt Disney World.
- A new gold version of the musical rotating popcorn tin is now available at Magic Kingdom for the 2023 holiday season.
- Disney has announced that a limited edition Stellan Gios Legacy Lightsaber Hilt is coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at both Disneyland Park and Walt Disney World and on shopDisney.
- The Donald Duck Christmas tree sipper launched at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party on Thursday, November 9, and will be available throughout Walt Disney World Resort in a few days.
- The Mickey Mouse Toy Soldier Popcorn Bucket has arrived at Magic Kingdom for the first night of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
Other Walt Disney World News
- A judge from the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida has ruled in favor of Disney in its effort to push a December hearing with the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District back to early 2024.
- Entrepreneur Bedros Keuilian appeared on the most recent episode of “The Shawn Ryan Show” and now a clip of him talking about getting fired from Disneyland is going viral on TikTok.
- We had the chance to review the menu for Making Spirits Bright Marketplace, available during the Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure.
- Holiday Duets, a marketplace available during the Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure, is typically a divisive booth among our group. Read our review to find out what we thought this year.
- Disneyland has confirmed a reopening date for Fantasmic! The nighttime spectacular will return on May 24, 2024.
- Grandma’s Recipes Marketplace returned to the 2024 Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure with an entirely new menu, and we were there to review it.
- We tried the new twists on mac & cheese, lassi, and more at the A Twist on Tradition Marketplace during the Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure.
- The Merry Mashups Marketplace is usually known for inventive dishes at the Festival of Holidays in Disney California Adventure. However, this year, all the dishes and beverages available at the marketplace have been seen at the festival before, although in different locations — and we gave them a try.
- Disneyland Resort updated their pin trading guidelines to ban the use of benches to display pins and to restrict when and where non-lanyard trading is allowed.
- We reviewed the slider-style sandwiches and more available at Winter Sliderland during the Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure.
- Did we find new favorite dishes at the Favorite Things Marketplace during the Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure? Read our review to find out.
- We tried the savory new dish at the Brews & Bites Marketplace during the Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure.
- The Adventureland Treehouse Inspired by Walt Disney’s Swiss Family Robinson at Disneyland has opened for Magic Key holder previews and we were there to check it out.
- The new Parkside Market stage has been revealed at Downtown Disney District but remains under construction, as part of the ongoing reimagining of the shopping and dining district.
- Three trains ran on the Disneyland Railroad for the first time in over 10 months — since the fire at the New Orleans Square train station.
- Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort will have snowfall for the first time this holiday season, every evening from November 24 through December 31.
- After previously sharing concept art previews, Disneyland Resort has revealed all the new holiday outfits Mickey, Minnie, and their friends will wear at the resort this winter.
Entertainment and Media
- Pixar has released a new teaser trailer and poster for “Inside Out 2,” the studio’s next theatrical release that’s set to hit theaters on June 14, 2024.
WDW News Today
- Tonight, don’t miss the internet’s only comedy show about Disney Parks! Join us at 9 p.m. ET for a recap of the latest news, rejected RunDisney events, Tom and Nick’s race weekend recap, and a major announcement about the future of WDW News Tonight!
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!