We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, November 15, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- On a recent trip to Magic Kingdom, we noticed progress on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure has been ramping up with new leaves, moss, and updated paint added to the exterior of the attraction.
- We tried the new Skittles fudge bites that recently became available at the Main Street Confectionery in Magic Kingdom.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- New holiday decorations, including a large Christmas tree and several wagon wheel wreaths, were recently put up around Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
- Holiday pins depicting Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Donald and Daisy Duck, Tiana and Naveen, and Moana have debuted at Disney Springs. The limited edition pins are attached to gift cards.
Other Walt Disney World News
- In a recent interview with the President and CEO of The FAMiLY Leader, Bob Vander Plaats, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis commented on the two still ongoing court cases with The Walt Disney Company, saying he believes he has “won the battle.”
- Bring the magic of Walt Disney World into your home with a fully functional MagicBand Reader that can remotely control an electrical outlet (sponsored content).
- The Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind attraction at EPCOT will be honored with a Thea Award for Outstanding Achievement in 2024.
- The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure at Disney California Adventure has been added to Genie+ and now has a Lightning Lane queue. As a result, the standby entrance has moved.
- Disneyland Resort has new gift cards with limited edition Mickey and Minnie, Donald and Daisy, Tiana and Naveen, and Moana holiday pins.
- Disneyland Hotel debuted a festive new holiday overlay to its exterior branding and signage.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- The Christmas version of Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade DreamLights made its return to the park last week, when Disney Christmas 2023 kicked off on November 8, 2023.
Disney Cruise Line
- The Christmas tree was not ready when guests boarded the Disney Wish for the first Very Merrytime Cruise of the 2023 holiday season, highlighting an ongoing issue for Disney Cruise Line’s newest vessel.
- Disney Cruise Line is celebrating its “Very Merrytime Cruises” with a new holiday merchandise collection, including a Spirit Jersey, Tervis tumbler, ear headband, and more.
- An almost life-size gingerbread house has debuted in the atrium aboard the Disney Magic.
Entertainment and Media
- Sony has released the first trailer for “Madame Web,” the next film in their Spider-Man Universe.
- Destin Daniel Cretton has exited the director’s post of “Avengers: Kang Dynasty,” a tentpole Marvel Studios film that’s currently set to release in the summer of 2026.
- “The Mandalorian” star Pedro Pascal has reportedly been cast as Reed Richards in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- In an IGN interview with Disney Lorcana’s Narrative Lead, Samantha McFerrin, Illumineers can read more about the story behind Lorcana than ever before.
- The first trailer for “What If…?” season two has been released and Disney announced the Marvel series will premiere on Disney+ on December 22, with one episode airing each day for the following nine days.
- Disney has quietly delayed the release of “Win or Lose,” a long-form animated series from Pixar that will serve as the studio’s first foray into that particular medium.
The Walt Disney Company
- According to CNBC’s Activist Spotlight, activist investor ValueAct Capital has built a significant stake in The Walt Disney Company and has talked with Disney management.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!