We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, March 20, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- TRON Lightcycle / Run began its soft open today, welcoming guests for technical rehearsals through a virtual queue or Independent Lightning Lane, which came with a significant price.
- The first round of Virtual Queue boarding group distributions was fully booked in less than one minute for the TRON Lightcycle / Run soft opening beginning today at Magic Kingdom.
- By 7:25 a.m., all Individual Lightning Lane spots were booked for the first day of TRON’s soft opening.
- Cast Members and a wall of planters were in place to keep guests who don’t have a return time out of the area of TRON Lightcycle / Run.
- Read our full review of ‘digital’ dumplings, desserts, and drinks from Energy Bytes, as we try the offerings of TRON Lightcycle / Run’s Snack Stand for the first time.
- The 2023 Eggstravaganza Easter Egg Hunt has reimagined popular Disney rabbits as Easter Eggs and scattered them throughout EPCOT!
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Construction has continued at a rapid pace as crews continue to erect the new Disney Vacation Club tower at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- The tower of what was once the ESPN Club has been almost completely demolished as the building is turned into The Cake Bake Shop by Gwendolyn Rogers.
- ‘A Goofy Movie’-Themed Power Limes Candy is now available at the Creations Shop in EPCOT.
- Three new MagicBand+ designs featuring Mickey and Friends, Mickey & Co., and Harmonious have now arrived at Walt Disney World.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Be sure to check out our Full Guide to 2023 Easter Treats at Walt Disney World Resort for a look at the tastiest treats available this spring.
- Typhoon Lagoon is reopening tomorrow with extended hours following a temporary refurbishment that started back in November 2022.
- A new Disney Photopass feature called Video Memories will allow guests to create Disney PhotoPass videos.
- Spring has sprung, and Disneyland has released the full list of seasonal food and beverages coming to the resort for Easter 2023.
- Disneyland will be expanding its “May the Fourth” festivities to a “Star Wars Month” this May.
- Right in time for May the Fourth and Disneyland After Dark: “Star Wars” Nite, Hyperspace Mountain is returning to Disneyland this May.
- Magic Key holders are able to pick up a special, limited-edition print designed by Asia Ellington to celebrate the reimagining of Mickey’s Toontown.
- In our interview with former Imagineer Jim Shull about Mickey’s Toontown, he talked about the old Acorn Crawl ball pit at Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Treehouse and the mess that led to its removal.
- Space Mountain has resumed its Single Rider system at Disneyland and it is unlike any other Single Rider line we’ve ever experienced.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- It’s the first day of spring, and we’re excited to report the full list of Easter treats made available to guests at several international Disney resorts!
Entertainment and Media
- The Oscar-winning filmmaker duo of Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert have directed an episode of the upcoming “Star Wars” series “Skeleton Crew” for Disney+.
WDW News Today
Guest Sits with Ms. Piggy at EPCOT, TRON Lightcycle Run Now Open to Guests at Magic Kingdom
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!