We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, March 17, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- In advance of the grand opening on April 4, Disney has announced that TRON Lightcycle / Run will begin soft openings next week.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will remain an individual Lightning Lane attraction after TRON Lightcycle / Run opens in April.
- Walt Disney World has updated its calendar to extend hours at Magic Kingdom through April 29.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Walt Disney World has updated its schedule for “Fantasmic!” to extend the twice-nightly performances of the show through April.
- Walt Disney World has updated its calendar to extend the hours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios through April 29.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Disney Vacation Club announced a Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser member-exclusive voyage with a 30% discount.
- A new Cinderella Castle playset is now available at the Emporium in Magic Kingdom.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The reopening of Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon has been delayed until March 20, it was originally set to open on March 19.
- The long refurbishment of Indiana Jones Adventure came to an end today, with new and updated scenes to the attraction.
- We got a first look inside the newly-refreshed attraction today, featuring an entirely new scene, updated projections, and improved lighting.
- Guests at Mickey’s Toontown will be the first to see Pete’s debut as a meet-and-greet character when the land reopens this weekend.
- We got a first look at the new costume Mickey Mouse will debut at Mickey’s Toontown when it reopens too.
- And we were given a sneak peek into the as-of-yet unopened areas of Mickey’s Toontown from Disney!
- A new Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway remote control trackless ride vehicle toy is coming soon.
- A souvenir slushee sipper, a popcorn bucket, and themed candies are coming to Mickey’s Toontown at reopening.
- According to a new press release, Mickey’s Toontown has been designed to be considerate, inclusive, and accessible to “every single guest”
- We got a look at the new Cafe Daisy Menus, a ‘Welcome to Toontown’ Sign, stroller parking, and more as Mickey’s Toontown nears completion.
- New renderings of the upcoming The Villas at Disneyland Hotel were released today.
The Walt Disney Company
- CEO Bob Iger has ordered executives around Disney to identify thousands of layoff candidates in a bid to save money at the company.
WDW News Today
Cast Member Union & Disney to Negotiate, Villains Land Update, 1st Gender Neutral Restrooms – NewsToday 3/17
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!