We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, June 16, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- We now have more details on the TRON Lightcycle Run Virtual Queue system for the upcoming holiday parties.
- The Pinocchio figure on the entrance sign of Pinocchio Village Haus has been updated to hold new items.
- Cinderella Castle has seen some repainting after the 50th Anniversary decorations were removed.
- After a yearlong extended refurbishment, the World Nature restrooms finally reopened to guests today.
- Support poles have been erected above the future CommuniCore Plaza Stage space.
- Right after the World Nature restrooms returned, the United Kingdom bathrooms closed.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Two new “Elemental”-inspired floats are now on the menu at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- There’s a whole host of new details on the Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy holiday special show for Disney Jollywood Nights, like princess appearances, a live band, and much more!
- Other big news, we also learned that “Fantasmic!” will still perform for day guests even on Disney Jollywood Nights evenings.
- Disney Munchlings plush trading is a thing, and you can do it now at Disney Springs — with a few catches.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- D23 Members can now get a discount at the Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista.
- The ongoing refurbishment at Trattoria al Forno and the BoardWalk Pizza Window has been extended to the end of June.
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- Discounted tickets are now available for Cast Members to Disney After Hours at EPCOT as well as H2O Glow at Typhoon Lagoon.
- We have a full list of the “Elemental”-related offerings at the Disneyland Resort.
- A new José tiki mug released today at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto.
- Curious about when Soarin’ Around the World will reopen? How about when Toy Story Midway Mania will go down for refurbishment? Come find out!
- We also now know when this year’s version of Haunted Mansion Holiday will open at Disneyland.
- The Mr. Toad popcorn bucket is coming to Disneyland with a new Disney100 strap!
- Also, get ready for 2024 with the new 16 month Disneyland Resort calendar, available now.
- A special “Elemental” sipper that’s double-sided is now on sale around the resort.
Entertainment & Media
- The original actors from the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular were invited to the premiere of “Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny,” and they even got to meet Harrison Ford.
- New episodes of “Bluey” will hit Disney+ next month!
- In an interview on “Live! with Kelly and Mark,” Scarlett Johansson gave an update on the upcoming “Tower of Terror” movie.
The Walt Disney Company
- The departure of Christine McCarthy could lead to CEO Bob Iger staying on longer in his return than initially expected.
- The two also reportedly clashed multiple times on the amount Disney spends on content creation.
- Disney Parks has a new interim CFO — Andy Perkins — while Kevin Lansberry takes over for Christine McCarthy in the interim.
- Guest rooms at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort will go under refurbishment later this year.
WDW News Today
Cinderella Castle Dream Lights Retired, Disney Jollywood Nights Announced for Hollywood Studios – NewsToday 6/16
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!