Oogie Boogie Bash may be Disneyland Resort’s Halloween party, but there are plenty of other ways to celebrate Halloween Time at the resort. This is our full guide to Halloween offerings at Disneyland Resort in 2023, including food, merchandise, decorations, characters, entertainment, and attraction overlays. Plus, we’ve included Day of the Dead offerings at the bottom of the guide.
Mickey & Friends are appearing in Town Square dressed in new teal green and orange Halloween costumes.
The Main Street Pumpkin Festival features hand-carved jack-o’-lanterns and the iconic giant Mickey jack-o’-lantern in Town Square.
Here are all of our reviews of Halloween food at Disneyland Park:
- REVIEW: Spicy Chicken Sandwich Returns to Disneyland for Halloween 2023
- REVIEW: Black Forest Bundt Cake Celebrates Halloween 2023 at Plaza Inn at Disneyland
- REVIEW: Monster Cake Returns on Halloween Menu in Plaza Inn at Disneyland
- REVIEW: Poison Apple Macaron, Pumpkin Chai Cream Puff, and More Provide Sweet Frights at Jolly Holiday for Halloween 2023 in Disneyland
- REVIEW: Pumpkin Cheesecake Cold Brew Adds Festive Flare to 2023 Halloween Menu at Red Rose Taverne in Disneyland
- REVIEW: Grave Stuff Returns for Halloween 2023 at Disneyland Resort
- REVIEW: Pecan Pie Sundae Adds Crunch to 2023 Halloween Menu at The Golden Horseshoe in Disneyland
- REVIEW: Spicy Chili Dog Provides the Scares on Halloween Menu at Refreshment Corner in Disneyland
- REVIEW: New Red Pepper Cheese Fries & Onion Rings, Pumpkin Churro Funnel Cake, & More at Hungry Bear Restaurant for Halloween 2023 at Disneyland
- REVIEW: Darth by Chocolate Parfait Returns for Halloween 2023 at Galactic Grill in Disneyland
- REVIEW: New Meat-eorite Burger, Fish & Chips, and Villain’s Potion Drink at Galactic Grill in Disneyland
- REVIEW: Vampire Green Alien Macaron Returns With New Salted Caramel Flavor at Disneyland Resort
- REVIEW: Rest in Chocolate Sundae Debuts for Halloween at Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor in Disneyland
- REVIEW: Maleficent Churro and Green Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce Return for Halloween at Disneyland
- REVIEW: TWIX-Covered Trick or Treat Sweets Churro Arrives at Disneyland for 2023 Halloween Season
“The Nightmare Before Christmas” characters have taken over the Haunted Mansion for the fall and winter, transforming it into Haunted Mansion Holiday.
Halloween Screams is Disneyland’s fall nighttime spectacular at Sleeping Beauty Castle featuring “The Nightmare Before Christmas.” Keep in mind that the show only includes fireworks on weekends and other select nights.
During the Happiest Haunts Guided Tour around Disneyland Park, guests “enjoy chilling stories and thrilling experiences.” The tour includes a Hitchhiking Ghosts photo op and reserved viewing for Halloween Screams.
Disney California Adventure
Here are all of our reviews of Halloween food at Disney California Adventure:
- REVIEW: Jack-Jack ‘Monster Baby’ Shortbread Halloween Cookie Returns to Disney California Adventure for Halloween 2023
- REVIEW: Pumpkin Bundt Cake Returns to Disney California Adventure for Halloween 2023
- REVIEW: New Candy Corn Churro and Returnin’ Slow Burnin’ Mac & Cheese Cone Roll Into Cozy Cone Motel for Halloween in Disney California Adventure
- REVIEW: Spicy Chicken & Fries Returns to Halloween Menu at Flo’s V8 Cafe in Disney California Adventure
- REVIEW: Created in the Lab Sundae and Alcoholic Ice Cream Floats Arrive for Halloween at Clarabelle’s in Disney California Adventure
- REVIEW: Coffee-and-Donut Churro Joins Halloween Offerings at Disney California Adventure
- REVIEW: Oogie Boogie Churro Adds Festive Halloween Treat to Disney California Adventure
- REVIEW: Poison Apple Funnel Cake Adds Sweet Touch & Te Kā Dog Returns to Award Wieners for Halloween in Disney California Adventure
- REVIEW: Haunted Forest Ice Cream Parfait, Ghostly Double Cheeseburger, and More on the Halloween Menu at Smokejumpers Grill in Disney California Adventure
- REVIEW: New Butterscotch-Apple Mule Haunts Lamplight Lounge – Boardwalk Dining with Fan-Favorite Ghost Pepper Nachos
- REVIEW: BBQ Chipotle Turkey Leg & Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog Treats Bring Tricks at Disney California Adventure
Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT is turned into Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark for the Halloween season. Watch our POV video below.
Cars Land celebrates “Haul-O-Ween” in the fall with special car-themed Halloween decorations.
Cars Halloween Costumes
For their meet and greets, Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater are dressed up in Halloween costumes.
Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween
Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters becomes Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween through Halloween.
Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree
Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree becomes Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree.
Oogie Boogie Bash
Oogie Boogie Bash takes place on select nights at Disney California Adventure. It’s an after-hours, hard-ticket event and is completely sold out.
Take a look at the Oogie Boogie Bash guidemap, wristband, and treat bag.
Select merchandise is available only to Oogie Boogie Bash guests.
Guests can encounter Disney Villains (and other characters) during meet-and-greets and on treat trails. New this year is Lotso from “Toy Story 3,” Judge Doom from “Who Framed Roger Rabbit,” and Yokai from “Big Hero 6.”
Disney Villains have taken over the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, turning it into a dreamscape of lights, sounds, and magic.
Led by Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman, the Frightfully Fun Parade features Mickey & Friends, Haunted Mansion characters, Disney Villains, and more.
Magic Key Holders attending Oogie Boogie Bash 2023 can visit Paradise Gardens Park to take advantage of an exclusive experience featuring candy, a complimentary popcorn carrier, and a photo opportunity.
Downtown Disney District
For Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit, guests purchase a game board, then locate and check off hidden pumpkins throughout Downtown Disney. After completing the scavenger hunt, guests trade in their completed map for a prize.
Ballast Point Brewing Co. (Available Sept. 1 through Oct. 31)
- Black Garlic Fettuccine and Mussels: Mussels, black garlic alfredo sauce, and squid ink pasta (New)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake: Marble pumpkin cheesecake with a brown butter crumble topping drizzled with a house-made Pumpkin Down caramel sauce (New)
- Pumpkin Down Float: Vanilla ice cream with the Ballast Point Pumpkin Down beer
Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes (Available Oct. 25 through 31)
- Halloween CrazyShake: Chocolate milkshake with a vanilla frosted rim and candy corn topped with a ‘spider-web’ chocolate cupcake, orange and white twisty pop, orange rock candy, whipped cream, orange sprinkles, and a chocolate drizzle
California Churro (Available Oct. 1 through 31)
- Halloween Lollipop Churro: A round churro rolled in cinnamon sugar, drizzled with peanut butter and chocolate sauce, and topped with peanut butter candy pieces (New)
Jazz Kitchen Coastal Grill & Patio (Available Sept. 1 through Oct. 31)
- The “Witchy Worm’n”: Fresh witches brew of vodka, melon liqueur, orange juice, and a splash of Sprite topped with a gummy worm
Kayla’s Cake (Available Sept. 1 through Oct. 31)
- Scary Eyeball Macaron: Scary eyeball macaron with salted caramel buttercream and cinnamon apple compote (New)
- Pumpkin Spiced Jack-O-Lantern Macaron: Jack-O-Lantern macaron with pumpkin spiced ganache
Naples Ristorante e Bar (Available Sept. 1 through Oct. 31)
- Pumpkin Blooderscotch Cannoli: Cannoli shells filled with pumpkin and butterscotch chip cannoli cream served with whipped cream, a red caramel “blood” drizzle, and a sugar knife (New)
- Dragon Eye Punch Mocktail: Beet water, strawberry syrup, orange juice, grenadine, and dragon eye fruit (Non-alcoholic) (New)
- Orange Goosebumps: Black vodka, orange liqueur, and orange juice served over ice and garnished with an orange wedge (New)
Splitsville Luxury Lanes (Available Sept. 1 through Oct. 31 both in the dining room and bowling)
- Halloween Roll: Tempura-fried soft-shell crab, cucumber, and avocado wrapped in nori paper and sushi rice topped with tempura flakes and sesame seeds (New)
- Ghost Brownies: Ghirardelli brownie cut and topped with torched marshmallow fluff, chocolate drizzle, and ghostly marshmallows (New)
- Vampire’s Kiss: Raspberry vodka and raspberry purée topped with sparkling Moscato
Tortilla Jo’s (Available Sept. 1 through Oct. 31)
- Tentacle Tacos: Corn tortillas infused with octopus ink served with grilled octopus al pastor, roasted pineapple pico de gallo, and salsa chipotle (New)
- Creepy Jo’s Cocktail: Gin, margarita mix, cranberry juice, simple syrup, and a splash of grenadine (New)
Disneyland Resort Hotels
Goofy’s Kitchen is offering a Halloween Brunch and Halloween Dinner featuring special menus and characters in costume.
Read our review of the “Nightmare Before Christmas” treats at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa.
The Coffee House at Disneyland Hotel is serving a Ghost Cupcake and Pumpkin-spice Latte.
Halloween Merchandise & Souvenirs
- First 2023 Halloween Tee Arrives at Disneyland Resort
- Disneyland Already Preparing for Fall with Autumn Leaves & Halloween-Style Ear Headbands
- Full List of New 2023 Halloween Merchandise Including Apparel, Pins & Décor at Disneyland Resort
- New Halloween Pins at Disneyland Resort
- Halloween Tote Bag, Mickey and Minnie Candy Buckets Now Available at Disney California Adventure
- Mickey Jack-o’-Lantern Halloween Starbucks Tumbler Available at Disneyland
- Sparkling Orange Halloween Loungefly Backpack with Black Sequins Debuts Early at Disney California Adventure
- New Limited Release Disney Munchlings Jack Skellington Cupcake Celebrating Oogie Boogie Bash at Disney California Adventure
- New Halloween Balloons Featuring Mickey & Friends, ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’ Characters Float Into Disneyland Park
Food & Beverage Souvenirs
- New Tim Burton’s ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’ Mayor’s Car Popcorn Bucket Rolls into Disneyland Resort
- Lock, Shock, and Barrel Straw Clip Returns to the Disneyland Resort for the 2023 Halloween Season
- New Worm’s Wort Potion Bottle Glow Cube Now Available at the Disneyland Resort for Halloween 2023
- Glow in the Dark Donald Duck Candy Corn Sipper Returns to Disneyland Resort
- New Mickey Mouse-Shaped Pumpkin Glow Cube Now Available at Disneyland Resort
- New Mickey Mouse Skeleton Popcorn Bucket Arrives at Disneyland Park for Halloween 2023
- New Hocus Pocus Sipper Featuring Minnie Mouse as Winifred Sanderson Now Available at Disneyland Resort
- Vampire Tow Mater Straw Clip Returns to Disney California Adventure for the 2023 Halloween Season
- Mike Wazowski Pumpkin Bottle Topper Returns to Disneyland Resort for the 2023 Halloween Season
- New Maleficent Bottle Topper Materializes at Disneyland Resort for the 2023 Halloween Season
- Iridescent Black Poison Apple Mug Now Available at Disneyland Resort for the 2023 Halloween Season
- New Halloween Alien Straw Clip Flies into Disneyland Resort for the 2023 Halloween Season
- New 2023 Halloween Popcorn Bucket with Oogie Boogie Arrives at the Disneyland Resort
- Travel Tumbler Inspired by Haunted Mansion Holiday Debuts at the Disneyland Resort
- New Spooky Tree Flight With Souvenir Poison Apple Cups Inspired by ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’ Available at Carthay Circle in Disney California Adventure – reportedly sold out
Day of the Dead
Disneyland Resort is also gearing up for Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos) is in November with offerings that also coincide with Hispanic and Latin American Heritage Month. In Disney California Adventure, a section of Paradise Gardens Park has been transformed into Plaza de la Familia featuring “A Musical Celebration of ‘Coco.’”
Some Day of the Dead decorations are also up in Cars Land.